Re: filechooserdialog

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:35 AM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On 27.07.2012 00:49, Dave M wrote:

my $dialog = Gtk3::FileChooserDialog->new(
     'Select a file', undef,
     'open',
     'gtk-cancel' => 'cancel',
     'gtk-ok'     => 'ok',
     );

This doesn't work because we are missing an override.  The C function
gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new takes a variable number of arguments, which
gobject-introspection does not support at the moment.  Hence your call to
Gtk3::FileChooserDialog->new actually resolves to Gtk3::Dialog->new, which
creates an empty dialog only.  We'd need a custom
Gtk3::FileChooserDialog::new implementation equivalent to the C version:
<http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkfilechooserdialog.c#n560> and
our old XS override:
<http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Gtk2/tree/xs/GtkFileChooserDialog.xs#n17>.

I've attached a diff which seems to work.  How best to handle the
GtkResponseType part?  I just arranged it as a hash with a lookup...
if it's needed in any other overrides though, we probably need a
better solution.

Thanks,
Dave M