Re: Hang during make test

On 27.11.2011 01:20, Steve Wills wrote:
I seem to be getting the same error as is mentioned in this message:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.beginners/2011/03/msg116128.html

Basically, make test hangs at t/9.t when it reaches test 26. After
looking at it, it seems to be due to the call to g_child_watch_add_full
eventually calling g_thread_create_posix_impl which uses pthreads (since
my glib uses threads) and the fact that my perl does not have thread
support enabled.

This seems to be a consistent problem on FreeBSD. I think this is also related: <https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=68877>.

What I don't get at all is how whether or not perl supports threading has any bearing on libglib using pthreads. Why should the one influence the other? Or is pthreads in general broken on FreeBSD?