Re: notify and container add closures

On 26.01.2012 22:51, Kevin Ryde wrote:
The foo.pl below has trouble in a notify closure reached from a
container add closure.

Interesting. I can reproduce the issue, also with the attached modified program using only Glib. Running that against my current jhbuild setup (i.e. glib master) displays the problem, but when running against my 3.2 (glib 2.30.0) or 3.0 (glib 2.28.7) sandboxes it goes away. So I suspect it's a glib bug.

I tried to bisect the issue down to a specific glib release/commit. But for some strange reason that I currently don't understand, whatever glib version I install into my jhbuild sandbox, it always has the problem. Even the exact same version that does not display the problem in my 3.2 sandbox.

The only possibly related difference I can think of might be whether gobject uses the generic libffi-based signal marshaller. But as far as I can see that should be the case for both the 3.0 and the jhbuild sandbox.