Re: spawn functions?

What do you mean by shared memory?
Can you give a code example?

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:

--- On Thu, 4/12/12, haratron <haratron gmail com> wrote:

From: haratron <haratron gmail com>
Subject: spawn functions?
To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
Hello,

it seems that the spawn* functions of Gtk have not been
ported to gtk2-perl.
I have this problem where I need to launch an external
process from a
button's click callback. It's a TTS (text to speech)
application that
has play, pause and stop buttons. The actual speech is been
done by a
python script that I need to execute (don't ask..). The GUI
in
gtk-perl shouldn't block, so that I am able to e.g. press
pause/stop
while the voice speaks. I've tried a lot of ways but it
always ends up
to one of the following:
- GUI gets blocked and I can't press pause/stop buttons
- GUI doesn't block (usually when I'm forking from within
the
callback) but once the python script is done speaking, the
gtk-perl
GUI is closed as well. I read this is a problem of gtk and
there are
the spawn* functions to compensate for that.

How can I do this?