From: Dov Grobgeld <dov grobgeld gmail com>
Subject: Re: Spinning the main loop
To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh yahoo com>
Cc: gtk-perl-list gnome org, "Emmanuele Bassi" <ebassi gmail com>
Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 7:13 AM

Here are a couple of reasons why you don't want to freeze the GUI:
To abort the calculation
To report progressTo show partial results
To allow interaction with the previous results
To view help or change preferencesTo give a professional look and response to the application.
If you don't need interaction, then you might as well run the calculations in cli and just have the GUI as a
viewer of your finished results.

Dov