Re: Displaying a popup before the main window

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 21:59 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 19:58 +0200, Nicolas Courtel wrote:
Hello,

As my program needs a few seconds to start, I would like to display a
popup to tell the user that it's working.
Looks pretty simple, but for some reason the popup shows up empty, and I
can't figure out what I've done wrong.

to borrow the phrase from those damn kids today: you're doing it wrong.

sleep 10;

do not *ever* call a blocking function when using a mainloop-based
toolkit like gtk+.

More info in the FAQ ...

http://live.gnome.org/GTK2-Perl/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Why_sometimes_the_UI_does_not_update.3F

Cheers