Gtk2::FileChooserButton: strange behaviour when pasting location

There seems to be a bug in Gtk2::FileChooserButton when pasting
locations instead of selecting them manually.

Here are the steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new folder
mkdir -p /tmp/test/dir/
2) Copy the string "/tmp/test/dir/" to clipboard and run my example
application (attached)
3) Click on the widget and select "Other..."
4) Paste the location into the address bar and hit enter
5) Signal "current-folder-changed" is emitted but home directory is
still current folder (the widget shows "dir" instead)

Is this a bug or am I doing something very wrong here?

Regards
Mario