Re: widget visibility

Marius Feraru <altblue gmail com> writes:

My apologies for the off topic message, but Kevin's reply made me curious:

Weirdness in the bindings is on topic isn't it? :-)

Is âvisibileâ a special case or is this true for all properties?

All the flags bits ones, but not otherwise I don't think.

sounds very weird. Do you happen to remember its
reasoning?

Oh, I suppose the bits are the ultimate underlying storage for the
properties and a widget implementation will want to fiddle with them.
But almost all the time you'd leave it to the code already in GtkWidget
or GtkContainer.

I made a nasty hack to select Gtk2::Entry text without putting it on the
clipboard by temporarily turning off the $entry->realized() bit.  Not to
be recommended though.

--
At Sydney airport Australian passport holders may be asked to verify their
citizenship by singing the national anthem.  It's a trick!  Anyone who knows