Re: Goo::Canvas deadlock on Gtk2::Gdk::Threads->enter

On May 10, 2010, at 2:18 AM, Xi Yang wrote:

Is that means while I want to change UI in a working thread, it always needs to be done in a Idle time?

Not exactly.  Idle callbacks are always invoked on the main loop thread, even if queued from another thread,
so you can use this to ensure that ui work happens only on the mainloop's thread.

Alternatively, you can do ui stuff from a worker thread if you grab the gdk lock, first.

In perl, this gets tricky because of the way scalars may or may not be shared between threads.  What you can
do depends on how you have set up your stuff.

--
Baseball is complicated.  I think I'd rather stick with learning about motorcycle engines.
  -- Elysse, baffled by the rules of baseball