Can't find duplicates after only Backspace in entry field.

Hi All,

I have used:
http://forgeftp.novell.com//gtk2-perl-study/documentation/html/sample_programs/gtk2_treeview_simple.pl as the
basis for the attached program.  Many thanks to Dirk van der Walt for such an awesome guide.

When a row in the tree view is selected it populates the entry box below it.

What I'm trying to do is make sure duplicates aren't added to the list. However I am getting strange results
depending on what I type into the entry field:
1. After launching the program, when I select row 2, "Row 2" appears in the entry box.
2. I place the cursor in the entry field at the end and press <Backspace>
3. I then click the 'Add' button.

Duplicate dialog appears with message:
"Row " has already been added. (But it doesn't appear in the list)

If I do the following:
1. After launching the program, when I select row 2, "Row 2" appears in the entry box.
2. I place the cursor in the entry field at the end and press <Backspace>
3. I type any letter/number for example "Row Z"
4. I then click the 'Add' button.

The output is "Adding Row Z to list"

How do I get the program to recognise that after <Backspace> the entry in the field is not actually in the
list?

Could someone please take a look at my code and explain what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help.

ZM.

See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now: http://au.movies.yahoo.com/session-times/