RE: Gtk2::MessageDialog title

Of course.  Gtk2::MessageDialog isa Gtk2::Dialog isa Gtk2::Window, so just just
Gtk2::Window::set_title().  See below.

I did actually look at Gtk2::Dialog but didn't see it there either.  Should have just kept moving up?/down?
the >hierarchy.

It is in Gtk2::Window - the parent of Gtk2::Dialog

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkDialog.html#GtkDialog.object-hierarchy

But beware that the gnome human interface guidelines say that alert windows
should have no title, as the title would normally just duplicate the text of the
message...  so, depending on what you're doing, you might actually want to blank
out the title.

http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/windows-alert.html.en

Thank you very much for this, will check out the rest of the HIG to make sure I'm staying on track.

For each widget in Gtk2 there is a man page; each man page has a HIERARCHY
section, which shows the class ancestry for that type. Or you can look at the C
api reference on gtk.org, which has the same info in a different format.

Wasn't aware I could also refer to the C api reference.  Thanks again.

I prefer using the C api reference - http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/index.html.