Re: Goo::Canvas

Am Donnerstag, den 07.05.2009, 05:34 +0000 schrieb
jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com:
I was playing around with Goo::Canvas yesterday, noticed there were a
couple of methods missing, for which I worked up patches and sent them
to the author, Ye Wenbin.

He asked me if I would like to take over the bindings.

I am working with Goo::Canvas for a couple of months now
(http://shutter-project.org/) and I would be very pleased if you would
take of over the bindings in order to provide up-to-date versions of it.

I see that now the C API is somehow part of GTK
(http://live.gnome.org/GooCanvas), it would make sense if Goo::Canvas
were maintained by gtk2-perl.

It is currently hosted at
http://code.google.com/p/libgoo-canvas-perl/. The docs could do with
some work, and I don't know what other methods are missing.

The original C API was (or still is?) one of the canvas candidates for
replacing Gnome2::Canvas. The maintainer stopped working on it because
the gtk/gnome guys could not decide, see:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2075734&forum_id=596372

Anyway, there is a svn branch in the gnome repository as well now and
the last log entry is 2009-03-16, see:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/goocanvas
So I think it is definitely worth maintaining bindings for it.

Please let me know if I can help here and there even if I am not
experienced in the bindings part ;-)

Greetings
Mario