Re: Perl bindings for libchamplain

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:39 PM, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

On Mar 4, 2009, at 3:11 AM, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

Which one you use depends on how the enum is used. ÂIf it's used as an
object property, the C library really ought to have the GType.

Thanks, muppet. This was the case: the enum was in deed used in a
property but wasn't registered as a GType. The problem is now fixed in
upstream and it all works.

I have other questions regarding the name of the Perl bindings. The C
library is based on Clutter and provides an optional Gtk widget. I've
still haven't selected a final name for the Perl modules. I'm thinking
of naming the Gtk2 widget "Gtk2::Champlain::ViewEmbed" but what about
the Clutter actors? Should I call them "Champlain::"? By the way this
is exactly what the python and C# bindings did.

I'm also thinking of providing a single Perl package that will
generate both bindings (Gtk2::Champlain::ViewEmbed will be an optional
build detected at install time).

The libchamplain C library defines the following classes:
ChamplainView extends ClutterGroup
ChamplainLayer extends ClutterGroup
ChamplainMarker extends ClutterGroup
ChamplainViewEmbed extends GtkWidget