Re: Glib.so not loading in CentOS-5.3 perl 5.8.8

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Ed Leaver<ewleaver comcast net> wrote:
I use Zim, a gtk2-perl desktop wiki app I installed and ran fine under
CentOS-5.2 perl 5.8.6. After update to CentOS-5.3 perl 5.8.8
I no longer find Glib.so:

[snippage]

$ perl Glib.pm
Name "Glib::Object::Property::ReadWrite::FETCH" used only once: possible
typo at Glib.pm line 135.
Name "Glib::Object::Property::ReadWrite::STORE" used only once: possible
typo at Glib.pm line 136.
Glib object version 1.200 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.222 at
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 253.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

When you compile Gtk2/Glib, shared library objects get created,
they're basically the 'glue' between GTK and Perl.  Your shared
library objects are different versions from the versions your Perl
modules require, hence the above error.

I'm not sure how you installed Gtk2/Glib and friends, if you compiled
them yourself or are using the vendor or someone else's YUM repo.  If
you compiled them yourself or used an external repo, you may want to
try recompiling everything yourself and see if that fixes the
mismatches.  Recompiling would probably fix the problems with missing
symbols in the Glib.so/Gtk2.so libraries as well.  Using the CPAN
shell makes updating the Gtk2 stack (aka recompiling) a breeze.

Thanks,

Brian