Re: Gtk2::Entry with Pango markup

Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> writes:

Or cheat and ask another Gtk2::Entry for its height via
get_size_request().

Stick one line in the TextView and ask it how big it wants to be :-).
($widget->size_request is the one to ask, I think.)

If it's for a dialog box I've had success forcing the size of
sub-widgets, then asking the dialog how big it would like to be, and
setting that size in as its $window->set_default_size (followed by
undoing the sub-widget forcing).  You can then still grow or shrink the
dialog, but the initial size is sensible.