Re: Gtk-Perl Rocks! I wanna help!

Yes, documentation would be a good way to get started.  The test suite could
also need some love:
lists a few open bug reports about failing tests.  And finally, if you want to
get your hands really dirty, you could try wrapping some of new API that
appeared in gtk+ 2.18:
.

If you want to tackle any of this, please let us know if you encounter any
problem.

I saw another thread about including the documentation in the distribution.  I was wondering if we could
format the pod in a way similar to podtemplate.pod (attached to this email)? I suppose I was thinking if we
did it this way then one day we could probably generate html similar to:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/pygtk/stable/class-gtkaboutdialog.html
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkAboutDialog.html

No worries if I'm completely out of the ball park, was interesting learning about pods.

Regards,

ZM.

Win 1 of 4 Sony home entertainment packs thanks to Yahoo!7.
Enter now: http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/

Title: Gtk2::AboutDialog

Gtk2::AboutDialog

Display information about an application

Synopsis

Hierarchy

Glib::Object

+Glib::InitiallyUnowned

+-Gtk2::Object

+--Gtk2::Widget

+---Gtk2::Container

+----Gtk2::Bin

+-----Gtk2::Window

+------Gtk2::Dialog

+-------Gtk2::AboutDialog

Implemented Interfaces

Glib::Object::_Unregistered::AtkImplementorIface

Gtk2::Buildable

Properties

Description

he GtkAboutDialog offers a simple way to display information about a program like its logo, name, copyright, website and license. It is also possible to give credits to the authors, documenters, translators and artists who have worked on the program. An about dialog is typically opened when the user selects the About option from the Help menu. All parts of the dialog are optional.

About dialog often contain links and email addresses. GtkAboutDialog supports this by offering global hooks, which are called when the user clicks on a link or email address, see gtk_about_dialog_set_email_hook() and gtk_about_dialog_set_url_hook(). Email addresses in the authors, documenters and artists properties are recognized by looking for <user host>, URLs are recognized by looking for http://url, with url extending to the next space, tab or line break.

Constructor

Gtk2::AboutDialog->new

Returns: a new Gtk2::AboutDialog

Methods

get_artists

Returns: a list of the names of the program artists

Since 2.6

set_artists ($artists)

$artists: a list of the names of the program artists

Since 2.6

Url and Email Hooks

When setting the website and email hooks for the Gtk2::AboutDialog widget, you should remember that the order is important: you should set the hook functions before setting the website and email URL properties, like this:

  $about_dialog->set_url_hook(\&launch_web_browser);
  $about_dialog->set_website($app_website);

otherwise the AboutDialog will not display the website and the email addresses as clickable.

See Also

Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gtk2::Widget, Gtk2::Container, Gtk2::Bin, Gtk2::Window, Gtk2::Dialog

Copyright

Copyright (C) 2003-2007 by the gtk2-perl team.

This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice.