Perl Gtk2 simple scheduling

Hi,

I have an existing perl Gtk2 application that will run a sub-process based on user initiation(button click) and it reports back to an output console as it progresses. This is a consistent activity that happens every hour or so.

I'd like to maintain the 'manual' initiation but provide an 'automatic-mode' and have it run the event at a pre-determined time (60-90 minute intervals).

What is the best way to do this with perl & Gtk2?

Regards,
Michael