Re: Gtk2::SpinButton with blank value

2008/11/13 muppet <scott asofyet org>:
The obvious question is, why do you want to do this?  What are these certain
situations?  Maybe there's another solution that doesn't involve hackery
here...

In gscan2pdf, I am adding a dialog to change the resolution/page size
of one or more images.

Select one image, the SpinButton gives you the current resolution and
invites you to change it. Select two or more images with the same
resolution, same UI. Select two or more images with different current
resolutions, and I'd like to have that greyed look, (not ghosted-out),
indicating that as there are two or more values, they can't be shown
in one widget, but the widget can still change all values to whatever
the user enters.

"That greyed look" I have no clue how to do, and at the moment, I have
a Gtk2::Entry which only accepts digits (but can also crucially be set
to ""), but a SpinButton seems a better choice.

Still with me?

Thanks for any help

Jeff