Re: Widgets hidden in a text still taking focus?

On May 12, 2008, at 9:42 PM, Matthew Braid wrote:

I _can_ fix this by making sure that any widget that gets hidden by
application of the HIDDEN text tag are either remove'd from the
textview or hide'n (see the commented code), but I'm just wondering if
this is necessary or am I forgetting something else?

The behavior of button 1's callback firing when clicking button two suggests that the GdkWindow still sits where it was earlier, which would be the case if the window was not hidden. So, i think the code to hide and show the widgets makes sense.

But, i'm really talking out of my depth here. I can't imagine that's something specific to the perl bindings, so you might want to ask on gtk-app-devel-list or in #gtk.

--
Zella, carrying a kite in a long plastic box:  It's like book!
Yvonne, carrying the wooden kite string spool:  It's like a wood!