Re: having problems after installing camelbox

On May 17, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Jamie Lahowetz wrote:

I have just switched from ActivePerl to Camelbox and am having trouble running my Gtk2 scripts ( I have deleted AP). I receive the popup errors: This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found.
This application has failed to start because Cairo.dll was not found.

 and the terminal shows:
C:\Users\deadpickle\Desktop\test>perl GRRUVI-v1.35.pl
Can't load 'C:/camelbox/site/lib/auto/Gtk2/Gtk2.dll' for module Gtk2: load_file: The specified module could not be found at C:/camelbox/lib/ DynaLoader.pm line 20
3.
 at GRRUVI-v1.35.pl line 13
Compilation failed in require at GRRUVI-v1.35.pl line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at GRRUVI-v1.35.pl line 13.

The errors point to "use Gtk2" in the script.

When you "use Gtk2", Gtk2.pm will ask DynaLoader to load Gtk2.dll, which depends on libgtk2-win32.dll as well as Cairo.dll, since the Gtk2 xs bindings use C functions exported from the binary that underlies Cairo.pm.

The error messages about being unable to find MSVCR80.dll and Cairo.dll imply that

a) the bindings were linked against a C library you don't have (MSVCR80.dll -- are you sure it wasn't MSVCRT80.dll, the MicroSoft Visual C Run Time library version 8.0?)

b) the Cairo bindings are either not installed or not in perl's library path.

--
If the monkey could type one keystroke every nanosecond, the expected waiting time until the monkey types out Hamlet is so long that the estimated age of the universe is insignificant by comparison ... this is not a practical method for writing plays.
  -- Gian-Carlo Rota