Re: Installing Gtk2 based applications on Windows

Gabor Szabo kirjoitti:
There might be other Gtk2 based applications installed on the target
machine with other
versions of Gtk2 which might not be compatible with the version I use.
How can I avoide collision?

One possibility is to start your app after setting the PATH to contain only windows-system and your own directories, which contain GTK for Windows, Perl etc. I've done that with the help of bash.exe and a simple bash script - I found it quite impossible with the tools that are distributed with Windows.

The installation file that contained GTK, Glade, Perl, and a bunch of modules became in my case ~37MB. However, it contains a lot of pods, htmls, unused modules etc. so it could probably be stripped down quite a bit.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformatiikka / Geoinformatics