Re: Welcome to the "gtk-perl-list" mailing list

On Jun 17, 2008, at 3:51 AM, Priya Somasundaran wrote:

Helloo,
I have just begun gtk programming in perl. I did my first hello world application successfully. But i am unable to run in from a browser, when i run it from a browser i get the following error GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 135 (): error 'Operation not permitted' during 'pthread_getschedparam (pthread_self(), &policy, &sched)'
[Tue Jun 17 07:17:59 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] aborting...
[Tue Jun 17 07:17:59 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: test2.pl

While perl is, indeed, widely used for web stuff, desktop graphical user interface programs are not web apps, and you don't run them through a browser. You can run your program from a command terminal window (xterm or gnome-terminal) or by double-clicking it in a file manager (like nautilus), or make a .desktop file to integrate the app into your desktop menus.

i need to call my gtk program from a web interface perl program how do i do that.

Given the above, i find this statement very confusing. In what way do you need to call your gui app from a web interface? Can you explain what you're trying to do?

--
zella (crying):  I want...
us:  What?