Re: Scribble Example

Thanks for your input Kevin.

The goal of our attempts is to recreate the behavior of ksnapshot, the
KDE Screenshot Tool. You select a window by its xid and while hovering
over it we want to draw a rectangle around the current subwindow to
indicate the size of it. In the end you should be able to take a
screenshot of the selected subwindow (that is currently not a problem
because it's a drawable and it's easy to save it).
(maybe someone is interested in the code:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.1/kdegraphics/ksnapshot/)

At the moment I have less time working on this issue because i have an
university exam next week ;-(

I will give it a try after my exam and keep "pointer_grab" at the back
of my mind.
Currently i am thinking that zentara's example of laying a transparent
Gtk2 window over the selected one and then draw to the transparent
window is a very good idea as well.

Thanks all you folks for help but don't spent too much time on my
"problem".