Re: GParamSpec further funcs

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

What would be broken by changing newSViv(boolval) to boolSV(boolval) ?

     if ($obj->get ('boolparm') == '') { # false is empty string!

Yes, improbable as it might seem.

Thinking some more ... I guess my best bet for breakage would be
something being printed out.  It used to print or display 0, now it
would be the empty string ... that'd be bad.

By changing most of the stuff to use g_param_spec_set_default() for
most but explicit get_default_value()s for the rest, we have a rather
strange mix of duck typing and polymorphism.

I guess the polymorphism is still a good thing.  The proposal then would
be the poly base func, with exceptions for bool for historical
compatibility, and for unichar for usefulness plus compatibility.  Is
that more trouble than it's worth?

I'd like to introduce you poor fellows to my good friend vim...  he
doesn't have these problems.  :-)

Aaagh, spawn of the evil one!