Re: modifying Gtk2::TreeIter contents

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

I think the trick is to bump your model's stamp to
invalidate all existing iters and require the caller to acquire new
ones.

Hmm, maybe.  But to make an equivalent of Gtk2::ListStore::remove you'd
be supposed to update rather than ask the caller to do stuff.

I was thinking something as simple as below (untested).  Like
new_from_arrayref, but taking an iter it should fill instead of making a
new one.  And/or perhaps something to explicitly invalidate an iter by
zapping its stamp, also like what gtk_list_store_remove does.

=for apidoc
Set the contents of a Gtk2::TreeIter from the "internal" array
reference representation used by custom Gtk2::TreeModel
implementations.
=cut
void
set_from_arrayref (GtkTreeIter *iter, SV *aref)
    CODE:
        if (! iter_from_sv (iter, sv_iter))
                croak ("expecting a reference to an ARRAY");