Re: Gtk2::Gdk::Window->foreign_new, help needed

On Jul 2, 2008, at 4:54 PM, zentara wrote:

This rings a little bell, reminding me of when I tried grabbing screenshots thru wininfo ids. And since you said it was working, but now it dosn't, may be a clue that you have the same glitch. The glitch was you needed to run the capture script from the
same virtual desktop as the window to-be-captured.

You need to use the same display as the target window.

window = Gtk2::Gdk::Window->foreign_new_for_display ($display, $anid)

           * $display (Gtk2::Gdk::Display)
           * $anid (Gtk2::Gdk::NativeWindow)

           Since: gtk+ 2.2

That said, i'm not really sure how to get that.

--
Diane, ten-oh-three, Great Northern Hotel.
Sheriff Truman and I have just been with the one-armed man, or what's left of him. In another time, another culture, he may have been a seer, or a shaman priest, but in our world, he's a shoe salesman, and lives among the shadows.