IconView with widget in place of pixmap..

Hey All --

I was wondering whether it's possible to use the iconview widget and in place of the pixmap, instead I'd like
to use another widget. The widget would actually consist of a pixmap still, but in the lower right corner I'd
also like to have a checkbutton. Reading through the C-Code, I don't think it's possible.. but I'm not very
good at reading/writing C either. I'm really hoping it'd be easier to create a new widget and inherit from
IconView, replacing methods that deal with the pixmap with equivelant code to deal with the new widget. Of
course, rather than potentially embarking down an impossible path, I thought I'd ask the experts for their
opinion. In a perfect world, I'd like to have a nautilus style window (with a places pane) with my particular
widget for the directories. (Don't need icons for files, just directories)

My guess is that I should start re-inventing the wheel, because I'm not sure it's going to be easy.. but
thought I'd ask.

Thanks.. I appreciate any help..

Shawn

Looking for last minute shopping deals?