Re: Can't locate Gtk2/Window.pm in @INC

Thanks muppet, for the enlightenment, does it implies that i need to recode the entire software.

I am sorry if i am misunderstanding anything out here, because i do not know the architecture of the software.

The software which i am trying to modify was build on Red Hat EL3 and it was later ported to EL4. Now i am trying to port to FC7.
How do i do it ?

Floss

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:00 AM, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

On Feb 25, 2008, at 2:25 AM, Open Source wrote:

> -------------------ERROR--------------------------------------------
> Can't locate Gtk2/Window.pm in @INC (@INC contains:[snip]) at /usr/
> lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Glade/Two/Run.pm line 25.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
> Glade/Two/Run.pm line 25.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
> Glade/Two/Source.pm line 25.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
> Glade/Two/Source.pm line 25.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-
> linux-thread-multi/Gtk2.pm line 24.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
> i386-linux-thread-multi/Gtk2.pm line 24.
> Compilation failed in require at ./test.pm line 11.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./test.pm line 11.

You installed Glade::Two.  Uninstall it.  It is very old,
unmaintained, and does not work with any Gtk2 newer than early 2003.

The hint is that you're seeing a Gtk2.pm under site_perl and looking
for Gtk2/Window.pm.  Gtk2 has been a single-pm extension since version
0.012.  And, of course, the references to Glade/Two/*.pm.

If you installed Glade::Two from an rpm, then rpm -e it.  If you
installed it from source, then shame on your for installing it to /
usr; su to root and wipe out the /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Glade
and /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Gtk2 directories.  There may be
some other detritus under site_perl.  The official fedora rpm will
install its files under vendor_perl, so you should be safe wiping that
stuff under site_perl.

You don't want Glade::Two, anyway.  It generates code from the glade
file, which is deprecated practice.  Either use Gtk2::GladeXML (perl
wrappers for libglade) to load a glade description file at runtime, or
use a gtk+ new enough to have Gtk2::Builder, which is the new native
gtk+ replacement for libglade.

--
me, while driving the car: Okay, girls, what do you want for lunch?
yvonne: I wan' noo-tulls!