Subclassing Gtk2::GladeXML

I was sub-classing Gtk2::GladeXML (I have a print dialog for a large number of reports, each report has its own ‘options’ dialog it can display – which I have all in 1 glade file that I want to keep separate from the rest of the program, and want to create some helper functions that I want to access through the glade object.

The issue I ran into (and was able to “solve”) is that after sub-classing Gtk2::GladeXML, I can’t say

$self->get_widget(‘winReports’);

I get an undefined value returned. However, if say it as so… it works just fine.

&Gtk2::GladeXML::get_widget($self, 'winReports');

Is this a bug or is does this operate this way for a specific reason?

Thanks,

Jeff