Re: Fun with ExtUtils::MakeMaker and Windows import libraries

Torsten Schoenfeld kirjoitti:
Ari Jolma wrote:

My approach works but all this feels as a mixture between MS compilers
and cygwin, I'm not sure what should be fixed - at least I'd like to
change Glib et al Makefile.PL's so that I didn't need to hand-edit
Makefile.

I don't have any experience with MinGW, so I can't help much.  But yes, the
goal should be that building just works.  So if you can come up with a patch
to EU::Depends or whatever else needs changing, we'd be happy to include it

EU::Depends::find_extra_libs assumes now that when OS is MSWin32, the (import) library extension is ".lib". When MinGW is used, the extension is usually .dll.a (MinGW could also happily use the actual .dll, but EU::LibList::Kid does not allow that currently). Thus a (partial) solution would be to change find_extra_libs to search for files with .dll.a extension too. I don't have a very elegant solution how to allow both extensions.

ActiveState seems to support MinGW and automatically detect MinGW (this is old news http://www.issociate.de/board/post/274396/ActivePerl_5.8.7.815_released.html). Somehow this detection should be propagated to EU::LibList::Kid to look for import libraries "lib<library>.dll.a" -- or the Makefile.PL's may also alter the liblist by adding ".dll.a" before calling set_libs().

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformatiikka / Geoinformatics