Re: how to encrypt a perl source code

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:17:53 -0400
Paul Miller <listmail voltar-confed org> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:05:29PM +0530, Anirban Adhikary wrote:
u guys can please provide a complete example of how to encrypt a code and

I recall reading a crypto research paper that covered methods for
obfuscating code that I believe contained a proof that you can't
actually encrypt code that you intend for people to be able to
run.

Ultimately, you have to give them the keys to unlock it or they
can't actually run it.  Sorta the same problem they had with DVD
encryption.

I can get you the name of the paper and the author's names if you
want them.  But I suspect your quest to encrypt perl will fail
for multiple reasons.

Here is something that that addresses this, that Perl can always
be deparsed if you are clever....... and someone will always be clever.
 http://perlmonks.org/?node=256527

Usually, people recommend one of the Acme series of modules, which
do various things like hide your code as a series of spaces or dots,
 http://search.cpan.org/search?m=all&q=Acme&s=1

You might like this.
 http://perlmonks.org/?node=256527

Alot of people like Acme::Bleach, but many monks know how to crack it.
 http://search.cpan.org/~dconway/Acme-Bleach-1.12/lib/Acme/Bleach.pm

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html