not destroying windows

Hi,

in the app I am writing using Glade there are a few windows (such as
file selector) that
are created as "hidden" and on clicking on the relevant menu option
the show() method is called on them

If I close those using the standard button (Cancel or Open) then
everything works fine and I can open them
again. On the other hand when I click on the [x] or press Alt-F4 when
I try to open them again the widget does
not exist any more.

How can I make sure that when the [x] is clicked the window only gets
hidden and not destroyed?

Gabor