Re: Textview not scrolling in Client

On Apr 14, 2008, at 18:41, Jamie Lahowetz wrote:
I have been struggling with this and I just cant seem to figure what the problem is. I have this IRC client that wont scroll far enough down to show the full text. Its rather hard to explain but I'll give it a try: when you get down to the bottom on the textview and you go to enter a message such as:
John(10:00:00) I have to go to the story today and get some fruit.
And this message is the last one to be entered before the bottom of the window therefore causing it to have to scroll down, the program only shows the first line:
John(10:00:00) I have to go to the story
Forcing the user to scroll down to view the rest:
today and get some fruit.
You can see that this would be a problem when users are chatting, having to always take your attention off of the session just to scroll down and view the whole message. Currently the program uses the code $chat_textview->scroll_to_mark where mark is defined as the end iter of the buffer. I cant figure how to get this to work and show the whole text without the user having to manually scroll down. I am wondering if the word wrapping is causing it since this behavior is true for a single unwrapped line. I would appreciate any help on this since it seems like such a simple thing and I cant figure it.

snip

Try using

$chat_textview->scroll_to_iter($chat_buffer->get_end_iter);

you might also try

$chat_textview->scroll_to_mark( $chat_buffer->get_mark('end'), 0.5, TRUE, 0.0, 1.0 );

but I am not sure I understand the docs on that parameter.

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net