Re: multiple-item drag-and-drop

On 31/08/07, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:
For those interested, here is the working example with dnd, scrolling,
move, copy and multiple columns:

This example works fine, the signals being:

drag-motion

called multiple times while the mouse is being moved, and then:

drag_drop
drag-data-get
drag-data-received
drag-data-delete

after the drop. But putting the same signal callbacks in my app calls:

drag-motion
drag-data-get
drag-data-received

called multiple times while the mouse is being moved, and then:

drag_drop

So long as drag-data-get and drag-data-received actually did something
useful, this also crashed GTK, presumably because it was overloaded
with all the signals. I've tried blocking the -get and -received
signals in -motion and unblocking them again in _drop, but then I
don't get -get and -received at all - just

drag-motion

and then

drag_drop

So I can't make it work. Does any of this ring any bells?

Regards

Jeff