Re: API for gtk_settings_set_long_property

Hello,

Thank you very much for these answers.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:28:59 +0100
Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
Nothing from the GtkSettings API is currently bound, mostly because it's
rather binding-unfriendly but also because there did not seem to be much
demand.

Please let me know where one could request it then ;)

For some reason I can't get accelerator overriding working at all, so I
can't test.  But something like this should work:

Gtk2::Rc->parse_string(<<__EOD__);
gtk-can-change-accels = 1
__EOD__

I tested that, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

On my system, accelerator overriding works with any bindings but Perl. So I
get a small Python script that is supposed to activate this feature. When using

settings.set_property('gtk-can-change-accels', 1)

Everything works as expected. But if I change this line to:

gtk.rc_parse_string("gtk-can-change-accels = 1\n")

It stopped working. So it looks like parsing the property is not supposed to
work.

If you have any other idea of workarounds, I'll be more than happy to test them
again.

Cheers,

Tian.