How to use gtk-can-change-accels

Hello,

I am trying to change an application so users will be able to define their own
accelerators for menus. I tried to use set_accel_path for this. But there is
something I should do the wrong way. So i attach a small test program that
doesn't work as I expect.

What I would like is that if the user press on some keys while an item has the
focus, the accelerators is replaced by the one pressed.

It seems I have correct settins on my side:

cat ~/.gtkrc-2.0
gtk-can-change-accels = 1

So something should be wrong in the code. But I can't figure what after many
tests.

I searched the web, but didn't any example for this made using Gtk2-Perl.

Thank you very much for your help.

Tian.