Re: Bug: GtkAboutDialog does not hide when close button clicked

On May 3, 2007, at 3:01 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 21:56 -0400, muppet wrote:

The close_cb() actually manipulates a couple of internal widgets to
which we do not have access.  About the best we can do is the
attached patch.

There's also this thread from some time ago with a Perl imitation of the
behavior:
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2006-December/ msg00006.html>

I asked for feedback on it but received none.  That's why I never
committed it.

Guh, no wonder it seemed very familiar. Now that i see the thread, i remember it. :-(

In perl code, you have an easy implementation. In xs code, you have less memory use at runtime, in shareable memory.

*shrug*

I'm fine with either patch.

--
One, two, free, four, five, six, sebben, eight, nine, ten, elebben, twull, fourteen, sickteen, sebbenteen, eightteen, elebbenteen, fiffeen, elebbenteen!
  -- Zella, aged three, counting to twenty.