Re: libwnck doesn't work well in gtk-perl?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:38:24 -0400
Shaya Potter <spotter cs columbia edu> wrote:

zentara wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:17:16 -0400
Shaya Potter <spotter cs columbia edu> wrote:

I don't know if this is the best fix, but your script will work if you update
the event-loop each cycle.  By the way, using a while loop and sleep
in a gui, is BAD BAD BAD. Use a timer instead to call the sub every second.

in trying to rewrite my script to have a callback whenever any window
title changes (ala a tasklist, but this isn't a gui), instead of looping
or using a time out, I'm having a hard time figuring out which signal to
connect to.  Anyone have any ideas?

If you have the libwnck source, there are some demos.
The "test-wnck" program does what you ask, and shows the
window manager signals as the occur. The "test-wnck.c" source
uses a window-open and application-open callback. That
would be a place to start looking, in case nobody knows
the exact callback.

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html