Re: controlling [drag-and-] drop in a tree

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 13:41 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

I've seen mention of 'gtk_tree_drag_dest_row_drop_possible' and the Perl
equivalent 'boolean = $drag_dest->row_drop_possible ($dest_path,
$selection_data)', which looks like it might be related to what I want
to do. But I can't find any description that tells me where it's
implemented, how it's called or how to override it.

you'll have to subclass a tree model implementation (like
Gtk2::TreeStore or Gtk2::ListStore) and override the Gtk2::TreeDragDest
interface method above, in order to control whether the destination row
is a valid drop point.

to know how to subclass and override a GInterface, see the
Glib::Object::Subclass perldoc.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--