Re: forked process exiting before output read

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:55:44 +0200
"Jeffrey Ratcliffe" <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:

On 29/07/07, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:
That is an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. When I try it
(ThreadDemo4.pl), I get

GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_foreach: assertion `hash_table != NULL'
failed at ./ThreadDemo4.pl line 23.

on launching the app. But it almost works! On hitting the start
button, it gets to 75% and then locks.

That last bit was not enough sleep. Now it works, but still gets the
GLib-CRITICAL error on launch, which I have no idea about.

I've seen that numerous times myself..... the solution is to
comment out the line

 #Glib::Object->set_threadsafe (TRUE);

Only the muppet-master probably knows why commenting it out works.
I have no clue. :-)

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html