Scrollbar artifact

Hi,

Gtk2::ScrolledWindow

  +-> Gtk2::Viewport

The Gtk2::ScrolledWindow has the vcscrollbar-policy set to automatic,
if I add a long table to the viewport, the vertical adjustment appears

When I remove the table, the adjustment is still visible, but not responding
After minimizing and again maximizing, the adjustment has gone - but in its
previous rectangular area an artifact of the desktop background is visible.

When vscrollbar-policy is always, the adjustment works as it should, when
adding and removing the table.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Phil