Re: Gtk2-MozEmbed

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 00:09 +0100, Quentin wrote:

It turns out that simply setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the mozilla libs
path fix the problem. (tested on both mandriva 2007 and ubuntu 6.10)

Aha!  Those ExtUtils::MakeMaker warnings always looked suspicious:

  Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-Wl,-rpath'
  Unrecognized argument in LIBS ignored: '-Wl,/usr/lib/firefox'

So yeah, EU::MM removes the -rpath linker argument when building
Gtk2::MozEmbed.  This seems to cause the need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

But wait, Gtk2::MozEmbed's Makefile.PL tells EU::MM to use

  LD_RUN_PATH=$libdir $Config{ld}

as the linker.  If I remember correctly, LD_RUN_PATH tells the linker to
hardcode $libdir into the list of search paths of the object it creates.
This used to have the same effect as the

  -Wl,-rpath -Wl,$libdir

dance.  I have no clue why this stopped working some time ago.

Any ideas?

--
Bye,
-Torsten