Gtk2 window decorations, FVWM2, and ICCCM compliance

Hi, I posted this question so long ago, I can find the thread,
so I post it new.

To summarize, I was having trouble getting the Gtk2  no_decorations
to work on FVWM2. I've since switched to ICEWM, which works fine.

But anyways, I finally got a bug-resolved report back from fvwm2, and
I thought I would post it here, in case anyone else is looking for the
answer.

I wrote many moons ago:

I am using Gtk2-perl and want to remove the window decorations from a
toplevel window. I've reported this error to the Gtk2-perl maillist, and
they report the following script works fine on other window managers.

One fellow said <p>
"So it really looks that fwwm2 is not compliant with the relevant
specification (called netwm hints or somesuch -- it's not the ICCCM,
it is some extension to it developed by Freedesktop few years ago)
"

The response:

Use Style * MwmDecor to enable Motif decor hints. The netwm hints (also
known as ewmh) have no specification for disabling decorations. Only the
MWM hints have.
Viktor Griph <fvwm-bug fvwm org>

zentara

http://zentara.net/japh.html