Re: Optimising tex-buffer/iter?

On Jan 3, 2007, at 8:00 PM, Mike Martin wrote:

It seems to be getting bogged down somewher and I am not quite sure
where, although I suspect it is sysread (using read is far worse)

My first guess is that you're piling up "end" marks. Every time your IO watch fires, you create a new mark. Actually what you want to do is create that mark once, when the buffer is created, and either keep a handle to it or request it by name. If you create the mark at the end of the buffer with "right" gravity (which is exactly what you're already doing), then text inserted at that mark will always push it to the right, effectively keeping it always at the end.