Resizing xpm data?

Hi all,

I'm using xpm's for the images for a bunch of action buttons. This
works quite nicely.

These action buttons also have corresponding entries in a menu (in
case the action buttons have been hidden) and I'd like to put the same
images in next to their corresponding menu entry. Unfortunately, other
than actually making an XPM file that defines a smaller image, I can't
figure out how to 'resize' the images.

The images are created like so:

$img = Gtk2::Image->new;
$img->set_from_file("/path/to/image.xpm");

Is there anything I can do from there to make a resized version, or do
I have to follow a different path there?

MB