Re: Is Gtk2-SourceView-1.000 working?

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 10:02 -0400, zentara wrote:
Hi,
I updated my c libs today, and the latest
Gtk2-SourceView-1.000 perl binding dosn't seem
to work with the latest c lib gtksourceview-1.90.3

Gtk2::SourceView binds the old 1.x version of the gtksourceview library.
1.90.3 is a beta release for the 2.x cycle.

When I first do a "perl Makefile.pl" , I get package
config errors regarding a line containing
gtksourceview-1.0

as it should: the API has been changed in the new version of the
library. it's like expecting Gtk2 to compile against gtk+ 1.x.

Or have I mucked up my upgrade of the libraries?

you need to install the current stable release - on Ubuntu 7.04 is
1.8.5.

the new 2.x cycle of the gtksourceview library is still open: the API
hasn't been finalised, yet, and it will probably be done by the time
GNOME 2.20 has been released. once the first 2.0 release of
gtksourceview is available, bindings for that API can start - possibly
using another namespace.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--