Re: question about Vte. please heeeelp

On 4/3/07, Dimitar Kenanov <kenanov minet uni-jena de> wrote:
Hello guys,
i have a question about Vte.
How can i catch the output of the child process. I start octave as the
child.
I am reading and reading and trying for days but nothing useful comes
out. I can only feed octave with data. But the result is only shown in
octave. How can i redirect this output to a another widget?
snip

I don't know much about vte; why not use IPC::Open3 and a set of
Gtk2::TextView, Gtk2::Entry, and Gtk2::Button widgets instead?