RE : Re: Why does my cursor doesn't change

--- Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> a écrit :

hey;

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 06:44 -0400, Zurd wrote:
Hi, here's a very simple script.  I'm wondering why this program
doesn't change the cursor while it's looping to reach 99999999.
I have the same problem in my software.

you are blocking the main loop to spin, so you don't get updates on the
UI.

Now, how do I overcome this?

/me considers adding a big entry on the FAQ telling people not to do
really stupid things, like writing GUI applications as they were console
applications.

This is a great idea, could you post it on http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc ?
I've read everything there and I didn't see this kind of information in it.
I'm sure there's plenty more people asking themselves the same thing.