RE: Directory/file browser as TreeView

(having to store the directory path as a hidden
column seems rather hackish to me - but I couldn't work out how to get
the
parent from an iter)

       treeiter = $tree_model->iter_parent ($child)

Thanks. I must be blind. But on reflection, what I already did is certainly faster than walking back up the
tree every time the path needs to be checked.

use constant TRUE  => 1;
use constant FALSE => 0;

use Glib qw(TRUE FALSE);

OK. I had always assumed that this:
1. loaded Glib, taking time and memory.
2. amounted to the same thing anyway.

my $window = Gtk2::Window -> new;
$window -> signal_connect ( 'delete_event', sub { Gtk2 -> main_quit; }
);

Connect this to 'destroy' instead of 'delete-event'.  The handler for

OK. Thanks!

$tree_store->set($child, 0, '/', 1, '/');
add_to_tree($tree_store, $child, '/', '/');

For shame!  Use File::Spec to manipulate the paths portably!  :-)

Yeah, I know, but as I didn't have access to a Windows (or VMS, etc.), version to check, I thought I'd leave
it simple. And particularly, I couldn't remember off the top of my head how to get what volumes are available
from Win32 (or VMS - but that is 16 years ago).