Re: cell word wrapping

[Sorry to revive such an old thread.]

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 06:29 -0500, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:

If I can't make these cells wrap lines then so be it. I can live with
enormously long lines. (and no, using newlines is not an option as these
are marked up strings and calculating where to break the line would be a
small nightmare that I'd rather not have in my spare time.)

I've been working on bindings for the attributes stuff.  But it turns
out that they aren't needed for the particular task of making cell
renderers wrap lines.  All that is needed is setting the properties
wrap-width and wrap-mode once.  I'm not sure how it would be done with
Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List, but with vanilla Gtk2::TreeView it's simple:

  # setup model and view
  # create renderer
  $renderer->set (wrap_width => 200, wrap_mode => "word");
  # create view column
  # add view column to view

--
Bye,